Saturday, August 10, 2013

August Currently

I already did a quick post EARLY this morning, but I decided to link up with Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for the August Currently.  I know, I know ... I'm 10 days late, but hey, I just started my blog.


Listening ...
My husband is watching Breaking Bad on Netflix and I'm randomly looking up whenever I hear a good part.  I never really got into this show, but he's catching up on episodes because we haven't had regular TV for the past 3 years, only Netflix.

Loving ...
So, we just moved to Las Vegas from Los Angeles last month and haven't had any money to go out and do anything.  I went back home last weekend and went out with friends to Yard House and I've been craving a mojito from Yard House ever since.  Well, my husband finally started working and we finally have some money, so we're going to get a drink tonight.  I can't wait until September for when I start getting paid.

Thinking ...
I keep seeing everyone talk about their thermal laminator and I keep eyeing them at the store.  I think I need to just cave in and buy one.  It'll help me setting up my classroom if I already have things laminated and don't have to spend forever laminating and cutting on the day that I should be setting up my class.

Wanting ...
I can't get into my class until Tuesday.  I keep hearing about how teachers have been in their class ALL summer.  I get to move in on Tuesday and our PD starts on Wednesday.  I'm dying over here just waiting.  Plus, I want to get all of my supplies OUT of my office.  The mess is driving my OCD self insane.

Needing ...
I found out that a sprinkler head was broken the other day, so I need to go buy a new one and replace it.

B2S Must Haves ...
1.  I absolutely love shoes but I hate spending money on them.  I need to buy some new school shoes this weekend that work with a lot of different outfits.  I also need to invest in another pair of black Toms.  I have a grey vegan pair, but I don't like how they look unless they're only with jeans.  Plus, a lot of people ask if I'm only wearing socks!  What??
2.  I got my hair cut the DAY I got back from my honeymoon in June.  We got home from LAX at about 3:30 am and my hair cut appointment was at 5 pm that same day.  I chopped off a good 6-7 inches of my hair.  Now it's been almost a month and a half and I need to get another hair cut to keep it short.  Plus I want to go a little shorter.  I'm just nervous because I LOVED my hair stylist in Pasadena (Chelsea from Salon Aguayo if you need a good person in Pasadena, CA!) and I'm afraid to get someone that does a horrible job out here in Vegas.  I need to do research.
3.  I've been collecting from used library book sales, and my mom just gave me 4 boxes of books that I haven't actually looked through, but I really need some new children's books.  Especially nonfiction for the guys!  You know, all about snakes and spiders.  That sort of thing.  I need to build my library.

Okay, I think that's all for today.  I have lots of errands to do today.  Maybe I'll pick up that laminator after all.

xoxo,
Jen

P.S. I really need to create an image for my signature but I'm so picky and need to spend some time.

5 comments:

  1. I never got into Breaking Bad either but my hubby loves it, too! And I also need a new haircut! Am waiting for school to get closer before I go do it! Glad I found your blog.

    Olwyn from Teaching in Turtlepond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you came to visit! Heading on over to your blog now to check it out!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will not regret investing in a laminator. The laminating pockets can be expensive, but I feel it's worth the price.

    Laura
    Adventures in Multigrade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I went to Target an hour after I wrote this post and caved in to the laminator. Seriously, best purchase ever! I don't have access to my school yet or the laminator and wanted to have things laminated already. The nearest Lakeshore is about 15 miles from me, so I didn't want to drive there to laminate. A teacher that I know said that she's bought 100 laminating pouches from Amazon for only $8! :)

      Delete